Volkswagen Reservation Program Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the Volkswagen Reservation Program (“Reservation Program”). Before you place a reservation, you must carefully review and accept these Volkswagen Reservation Program Terms and Conditions (“Terms and Conditions”). Under the Reservation Program, a Volkswagen vehicle is available for reservation to customers who complete the process outlined below (“Reservation Process”).
"We," "us" or "our" shall include Volkswagen of America, Inc, Volkswagen Group of America, Inc, Volkswagen Payments LLC, and any and all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and independent contractors. “You” or “your” shall refer to any consumer who is accessing https://www.vw.com/pre-order and participates in the Reservation Program.
At Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating division of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (“VW,” At Volkswagen of America, Inc., an operating unit of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. ("VWoA"), is excited to offer you an opportunity to configure and reserve a Volkswagen vehicle (“Vehicle”) from an authorized, participating Volkswagen dealer (“Dealer”). The Reservation Program offers a unique opportunity to be first in line to purchase the all-new Volkswagen ID.4. The Reservation Process includes two milestones, both of which are outlined in this document.
- Reserve – Reserve a place in line (“Reservation”) for a particular model year and options (“Configuration”) by paying a refundable reservation fee of $100.00 (“Reservation Fee”).
- Order – Place a vehicle order (“Order”) by confirming your Configuration and paying a refundable vehicle deposit of $400.00 (“Vehicle Deposit”).
- Completing the Reservation Process does NOT complete the vehicle purchase. In order to complete your vehicle purchase, you will still be required to contact an authorized Volkswagen Dealer to discuss final transaction pricing, confirm a trade-in (if relevant), finalize any necessary financing, and complete your purchase through the Dealer. Your Reservation and Order secures your approximate priority for taking delivery of your vehicle. Participation in the Reservation Program does not guarantee you vehicle delivery or financing.
- Your Reservation and Order do NOT guarantee a set price for the Vehicle. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT DEALER SETS THE ACTUAL PRICE, WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MSRP. The MSRP does not include taxes, title, transportation, other options and other dealer fees and charges.
- To secure your Reservation, you will first be required to (a) provide certain information to VWoA and the Dealer, (b) select a Dealer from which to purchase the Vehicle, and (c) pay a refundable Reservation Fee of $100.00 via credit or debit card. To complete the Reservation Process, you will then be required to complete your Order. You will be notified via email when your vehicle has been prioritized for production to place your Order online by logging into a myVW account. The timing of your Order is subject to your Reservation place in line and Configuration chosen.
- In order to complete an Order, you will be required to (a) create and/or login to your myVW account, (b) confirm your desired Configuration, and (c) pay a refundable Vehicle Deposit of $400.00 via credit or debit card.
- Volkswagen Payments, LLC will process your Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit payments. Your Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit payments will be sent to the Dealer you selected prior to the vehicle being delivered to you.
- You will not earn interest on the Reservation Fee or Vehicle Deposit.
- Under the Reservation Program, after you have successfully completed the Reservation Process, you may either purchase or lease the Vehicle from a Dealer. If you choose to purchase or lease the Vehicle, the Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit will be applied to the final negotiated purchase price of the Vehicle by the Dealer selected.
- Lease or financing options through Volkswagen Credit are subject to credit approval. Participation in the Reservation Program will not affect your chances of credit approval.
- The Reservation Program does NOT require you to complete a vehicle purchase or lease. If you change your mind after you have completed the Reservation Process, but before you have entered into a contract with your Dealer to purchase or lease the Vehicle, you may cancel your Reservation and Order by following the process outlined below under the “REFUNDS” section.
- This Reservation Program is designed to allow you to reserve the Vehicle, as further described below in the “VEHICLE” section. Once you configure your Vehicle, your Reservation is tied to a specific order at Dealer. In the event you are unable to complete a purchase or lease through the Dealer, please notify Volkswagen Customer CARE through chat or by phone at 1-800-822-8987 to initiate a refund. Customers who are unable to complete their purchase or lease for any reason will be given a full refund of the Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit (see “REFUNDS” section below).
- To the extent allowed by state and local laws and subject to additional terms provided by your dealer, you agree to make your best effort to schedule, take possession, and/or arrange for purchase of your Vehicle within 5 business days of being notified by your Dealer that your vehicle is ready for pick-up. After 5 business days the Dealer may retail the Vehicle to another customer. In this case, you will not lose your Reservation Fee or Vehicle Deposit and you may choose to request a full refund or apply your Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit to another Vehicle. After 60 days of inactivity, your Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit will be automatically refunded. Please allow 7-10 business days for the refund to clear your account.
At the time you make the Reservation, you will be asked to configure the Vehicle. Options visible to you at the time of Reservation may not be available at the time of Order. All configurations must be confirmed when placing an Order by you prior to the Vehicle entering production. You are solely responsible for confirming the accuracy and completeness of the configurations in your Order. Model year, paint color, and other options are not guaranteed, and are subject to production or sales changes or restrictions without notice. We are not responsible for any configurations you have selected and the impact such configurations may have on the availability, production timing, performance or price of the Vehicle. You are responsible for inspecting the Vehicle prior to purchasing or leasing the Vehicle to confirm it is consistent with your Order. If the Vehicle varies from your Order, please notify the dealer immediately prior to purchase or lease. We are not responsible for any such discrepancies after Vehicle purchase.
Reservation Eligibility Requirements
- The Reservation Program is available only to individuals residing in the United States who are at least 18 years of age or the age of majority in the individual’s state of residence.
- The Reservation Program is available to businesses or corporate entities, provided that you can validate your ownership of, or employment by, the relevant business or corporate entity upon VWoA’s request.
- Vehicles must be purchased from and delivered through an authorized, participating Volkswagen Dealer in the United States; check VW.com for the latest list of participating dealers when placing your reservation.
- No more than 5 Reservations per household are permitted.
- Employees of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., its affiliates, and its Dealers, and each of their respective family members are prohibited from placing Reservations for the purposes of inventory inflation, price manipulation, and/or other disreputable or fraudulent practices. None of the above parties are eligible to place Reservations on behalf of the Dealer, Dealer employees, or customers. Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. reserves the right to cancel your specific Reservation or Order at its sole discretion at any time, for any reason, including, without limitation, to prevent the practices referenced above.
- If VWoA determines that a Reservation or Order has been placed by a non-eligible person or entity, then VWoA reserves the right to cancel the Reservation or Order, refund the Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit, and/or cancel shipment of the Vehicle. The Vehicle will then be made available to the next individual who has completed the Reservation Process and who has a similarly configured vehicle.
- Any Reservations or Orders that are suspected of being fraudulent or the result of tampering (including those using robotic, automatic, programmed or similar methods of participation) will be disqualified, based on determinations made solely by VWoA.
Requests for refunds can be initiated online anytime prior to your purchase of the Vehicle by logging into myVW or by chatting with Volkswagen Customer CARE. If you request a refund before placing an Order, your Reservation will be cancelled, and the full $100.00 Reservation Fee will be credited back to the credit card on file within 10 business days. If you request a refund after placing an Order, your Order will be cancelled and the full $100.00 Reservation Fee and full $400.00 Vehicle Deposit will be credited back to the credit card on file within 10 business days; in this instance, your refund will show up as two separate credits/refunds. Please note that all cancellations are final - you lose your place in line once a refund request has been made. If you have any questions about refunds, you can contact Volkswagen Customer CARE through chat or by phone at 1-800-822-8987. A request for refund and cancellation cannot be made at a Volkswagen dealership. The liability of VWoA and Volkswagen Payments, LLC to you relating to your participation in the Reservation Program is limited to the refund of your Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit.
A Reservation or Order is non-transferable to any person or entity. Final vehicle registration and title will be completed by your chosen dealer at the time of purchase.
The information collected on the Reservation website during your Reservation Process will be shared with Volkswagen Group of American, Inc. and the Dealer(s) you select in order for us to confirm and process your Reservation and Order. The handling of this information is governed by VWoA's Privacy Statement, which is available at www.vw.com/privacy. Although you will submit your Reservation on a Volkswagen website, you will provide your payment information for the Reservation Fee directly to Volkswagen Payments and the acquiring bank which will hold your funds until they are sent to your chosen Dealer.
VWoA reserves the right to cancel or change the Reservation Program, or cancel your specific Reservation or Order at its sole discretion at any time, for any reason, including but not limited to operational need, technical deficiency, customer inactivity, or any other reason that renders the Program inoperable, such as, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, suspicious activity, or technical failure.
Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we make no express or implied warranty of any kind in connection with this Reservation Program or its subject matter. Warranties, if any, applicable to the Vehicle are contained in documentation that accompanies the Vehicle at the time it is delivered to you. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall be construed as expanding or limiting the warranties, if any, contained in such documentation. Furthermore, under no circumstances will we be held liable for any indirect or consequential loss or damage, including any and all (a) loss of opportunity (including loss of contract or right to offer or tender); (b) lost opportunity cost; (c) loss of business; (d) reduction or damage to goodwill; (e) damage to name or reputation; (f) loss or corruption of data, and regardless of whether any or all of these circumstances are considered to be indirect or consequential losses or damage, in contract, tort (including negligence), under any statute or law or otherwise arising out of our breach of these Terms and Conditions, even if we have been advised of the possibility of occurrences which would or might lead to such loss or damages. Your sole and exclusive remedy for any loss or damages related to your reservation or this Reservation Program is reimbursement of the Reservation Fee and Vehicle Deposit paid to us.
- Purchasing a vehicle through the Reservation Program does not alter any warranties applicable to the Vehicle.
- We encourage you to consider financing your lease or purchase through VW Credit, Inc. dba Volkswagen Credit. For more information about Volkswagen Credit including the services and programs they offer visit www.vw.com/financial-services/ or contact your local Volkswagen dealer.