Shoves the performance envelope.
It’s no secret that the Golf R knows how to perform. But with impressive power that takes it from 0 to 60 in 4.9 seconds 1 and around the Nurburgring in 8:11, clearly it’s not holding back.
- 292-hp/280 lb-ft of torque
- Turbocharged 2.0T inline-4 engine
- 4MOTION® all-wheel drive
- 6-sp DSG® auto (6-sp MT coming soon)
Confidence that doesn’t slip.
The Golf R delivers power where it’s needed most, dramatically improving handling. And the finely tuned suspension helps keep the tires planted.
- Mk.7 Golf (MQB) chassis
- Progressive variable-ratio steering
- XDS+® w/ electronic differential lock
- DCC® Dynamic Chassis Control with 3 modes
Beauty, in a Beast.
From state-of-the-art technology to sophisticated style elements, the Golf R balances its impressive performance with unexpected refinement.
- Dual exhaust with quad tips
- R badging/blue interior ambient lighting
- 5.8" Touchscreen navigation
- Top Sport seats
It’s a thoroughbred that’s also a workhorse.
The Golf R does more than deliver power. With seating for five, plenty of cargo room, and no compromise on versatility, it’s also a wonderfully functional example of what a performance hatch can be.
- 30 mpg highway1
- 60/40-split folding rear seats
- 52.7 cu. ft. of cargo space
- Adjustable cargo floor.