Full House Rules
We’re honored that you’re a Volkswagen fan, and we look forward to hearing what you have to say. To ensure a positive online experience for the entire community, we may monitor and remove certain postings. “Play nice and have fun” is the short version of our rules. What follows is the longer version of rules for posts, communications and general behavior on Volkswagen social media sites:
The following should not be posted on Volkswagen social media channels:
- Unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam)
- Viruses or other malicious code
- Content meant to bully, intimidate or harass any user
- Content that is hateful, threatening, discriminatory, pornographic, or that contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence
- Unconstructive, negative or derogatory comments
- Competitor material such as pictures, videos, or site links
- Links to purchase aftermarket products, parts, or any other unapproved commerce
- Content that infringes or violates someone else’s rights or otherwise violates the law
- Personal, sensitive or financial information on this page (this includes but is not limited to email addresses, phone numbers, etc.)
- Repeat postings of unconstructive comments/statements
- Unlawful or misleading posts
All posts must be made by people ages 18 or older, unless posted with permission from parent or legal guardian.
If you are affiliated with Volkswagen (employee, agency, incentivized blogger/brand ambassador, etc.), you should identify yourself as such.
You may submit video content, links to third party websites, photographs and text, but you must have rights to this content. If you don’t own it, don’t post it.
Volkswagen staff reserves the right to remove any postings deemed to be inappropriate or in violation of these rules.
The following rules apply to all giveaways hosted by Volkswagen’s Official Twitter Channel (@VW) unless specific giveaway rules are provided or otherwise stated.
No purchase necessary to participate or win. Void where prohibited by law. Open to legal U.S. residents, except employees and the families of Volkswagen Group of America, Inc., its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers and agencies (“Sponsor”) Though Twitter is not involved in or affiliated with the Contest, Twitter’s terms and conditions apply to all Tweets and use of Twitter.
Entry method stated in Tweet. Entry period ends at date and time stated in Tweet. Prizes listed in Tweet. Number of prizes is one (1) unless otherwise listed in Tweet. Winner(s) will be chosen in a random drawing from all eligible entries received by Sponsor or its designated agent, whose determinations are final. Winners will be notified by Tweet and must respond within 24 hours or another winner may be chosen. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. No cash substitutions for prizes and prizes are non-refundable and non-transferable except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value.
By entering you agree to Sponsor’s use of your Tweet, Twitter icon and Tweet handle for promotional purposes without compensation. Winner’s name, likeness, Tweets, Twitter icon and Tweet handles may be used for promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law.
Winners release Sponsor and its agents from all claims and damages associated with the use of the prize. Subject to all federal, state and local laws. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Sponsor: Volkswagen Group of America, Inc..