Not just any oil change.
What's really the difference between synthetic and conventional motor oil?
An oil change with Volkswagen-approved oil is one of the best things you can do for your Volkswagen. Just bring it in to the Volkswagen Certified Technicians at your local Volkswagen Dealer. They know what kind of oil change helps make your engine feel great.
If you opt to change it yourself, Volkswagen recommends you use only the right motor oil. A lot of engine oils are labeled "synthetic." But because there is no generally accepted definition for the term, Volkswagen has developed oil quality standards to cut through the confusion.
Many Volkswagen gas engines require oil that conforms to Volkswagen standard VW 502 00, while many diesel engines need oil that complies with VW 507 00.
So the next time you need an oil change, be sure to use the right oil that expressly complies with the Volkswagen quality standards required for your car's engine.
The right motor oil that meets VW standards:
- Helps keep your engine clean.
- Helps your engine "turn over" more easily.
- Provides optimal protection under more extreme driving conditions.
- Coats and lubricates vital engine components helping reduce friction and increase horsepower.
- Helps improve fuel economy by 5% or more.*
- Allows engine parts to move more freely and helps reduce heat and overall wear.
- Remains more stable at higher temperatures instead of beginning to break down early.
It's also important to remember that using the right oil conforms to the requirements of your factory warranty.
So the next time you need an oil change, be sure to use the right oil that expressly complies with the VW quality standards required for your car's engine. Or better yet, have your dealer do it. That way you'll be sure you're getting everything you need to stay genuine.
* Based on fuel savings information found at www.FuelEconomy.gov.