Before earning the title of "certified," our dealers put a used Volkswagen through a comprehensive, painstakingly detailed 112-point gauntlet. Anything older than 5 model years or past 75,000 miles is immediately out. They'll even reject it if it is missing the original keys. Then they get started from an intense on-lift examination to a road test to ensure maximum drivability, they turn these cars inside out, then outside in. If anything is amiss, they'll repair or replace it with Genuine Volkswagen parts. Bringing new meaning to the phrase "good as new."
5 of the 112 inspection points:
- Check engine for starting and performance, and idle for knocking and vibration
- Check transmission for any performance malfunction or noise
- Test brakes for proper function, distance and vibration
- Test steering for noise, effort, vibration and pulling
- All maintenance up to date, ensure records with vehicle